The Royal Eastbourne Read more [...]
Sovereign Harbour is northern Europe’s largest composite marina complex and boasts four linked harbours, a large FREE car park and the hugely popular Waterfront retail and restaurant development.
Eastbourne has celebrated over 180 years as a lifeboat station. Notable events include taking part in the evacuation of the British Expeditionary Force from Dunkirk in 1940 and being awarded 10 Medals for gallantry, the last in 2003. The Lifeboat offices are located near the lock gates.
Shops & Restaurants on Sovereign Harbour
- Bright Ideas Gallery – works of art and exclusive gifts.
- The Chippy – serving traditional fish and chips.
- Di Lieto’s Coffee Lounge – a traditional coffee lounge, sandwich bar and ice cream parlour.
- Gringos – American bar & grill.
- The Harvester – traditional family restaurant and bar area.
- Pablo’s – quality Mediterranean food.
- Seamoors – wine and music bar, large screen TV.
- Seasons – fine food and drink
- Simply Italian – family run restaurant serving regional Italian specialities.
- Thai Marina – a taste of the exotic orient in luxurious surroundings.
- Tying the Knot – a high end affordable wedding outfits
- Ganges Indian Restaurant – contemporary Indian cuisine.
- The Garden Bar – smart casual dress, over 21s
- Great Hairdressing – modern hair studio and gifts.
- Harbour Orthodontic & Cosmedic Centre -oral surgery and implants
Walks and Tours
There are lovely walks around the harbour – taking in the shops, main locks, beach-side front, magnificent views of the bay and Eastbourne Pier and Beachy Head. In addition, there is a leisurely cruise around the harbour (during the summer months) – with Harbour Boat Trips. After your walk enjoy a leisurely coffee on the Waterfront terraces.
Sovereign Harbour Retail Park
Sovereign Harbour Retail Park – the following shops are represented: ASDA, Brantano, TK Max, Matalan, Boots, Next, Sports Direct, Harveys, Frankie & Benny’s, The Gym and the Cineworld complex plus large free car.
Sovereign Harbour is rapidly becoming the largest and one of the most stunning marinas in northern Europe. Excellent visitor facilities, berthing for nearly 1,000 boats and 24/7 access make Sovereign Harbour a favourite port of call for yachtsmen.
Sovereign Harbour Yacht Club
The clubhouse is open on Monday to Saturday 1700hrs to 2300hrs and Sunday from 1200hrs to 2230hrs. The Club has an excellent galley and our chef provides a quality menu at very reasonable prices. The club welcomes visitors from the UK and the continent alike. More details here.
Sovereign Harbour Medical Centre
The Harbour Medical practice offer a wide range of healthcare services to NHS-registered patients. Services include:
- AQP-certified provider of ULTRASOUND SCANNING services and accept NHS patients, referred by GPs from the wider region.
- Certified International YELLOW FEVER VACCINATION Centre and offer this service to all (both registered and non-registered patients).
- SURGICAL SERVICES from our Operating Suite.
Sovereign Harbour Property
There are over 3500 properties on Sovereign Harbour – a mixture of apartments, town-houses and detached / semi-detached houses. Some have views of the Channel, others have views over the various marinas and some do not have views of the water. Building work continues in 2016!
Guide to Harbour – Video Tour
Take a 2 minute guided video tour of the Sovereign Harbour Marina